Club Night is on the move in August – a visit to the Isle of Man’s newest Power Station – Pulrose, CCGT turbine hall, Control Rooms, and D Station.
If you are interested in coming along on a guided tour of the facility please let me know so I can add you to the list. The tour will start at 7.00pm sharp at the entrance to the station in Pulrose Road (opposite the junction with Middle River Industrial Estate).
Our guide will be Graham Stiggant, and the tour will last approximately one hour.
There are a few rules to be heeded…
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VISITORS TO THE POWER STATION
1. All visitors must wear sensible footwear, preferably flat soled shoes. Narrow heeled ladies footwear is unsuitable.
2. Any visitor with a particular health or similar problem (e.g. vertigo or difficulty climbing stairs) should bring this to the attention of the guides prior to the tour.
3. All visitors must wear a safety helmet, and ear defenders when required to do so by the guides.
4. No smoking or source of ignition will be allowed whilst on tour.
5. The use of mobile phones is prohibited.
6. Visitors must not touch any plant, equipment or models.
7. All visitors must keep together in their allotted party and follow the instructions of their guide.
8. Visitors must not climb on or lean out of railings.
9. In the unlikely event of a fire or emergency, visitors must stay close to their guide who will escort them out of the building by the nearest safe route.
10. The right is reserved to cancel a visit for operational reasons.
My contact details are telephone 211444, or e-mail email@example.com
If you need a lift to get to the facility please let a Committee Member know and we will sort something out for you.
Dave Cain, 2D0YLX